Sermon Notes– A Church of Charismatics
- Spiritual Gifts- Charismata
- One Triune God- Many Gifts
- One Body- Many Members
- We belong to each other
- We need each other
- So be the member you are called to be
- Figure out gift and do it more and more
- Celebrate the other members
- Encourage Each other through words and invitation
What do you do well?
- Read I Corinthians 14:4-27. What is the tension that Paul is getting to with the unity of the body and the variety of the body? Where do you experience this tension?
- Paul is insistent that we all belong to the Body- no matter what we might feel or say? What does that belonging mean to you? How can you live out that radical belonging?
- What do you think are your gifts? How are you using them to build up the body?
- Where do you struggle to live out the unity of the Body? What parts of the body do you struggle with the most?
- How do you experience the Spirit at work through you? Think of the Chariots of Fire line, “God made me fast, when I run I feel His pleasure.” What do you do where you feel God’s pleasure?
- As you think of your giftedness, how could your life be different so that you could spend more time doing what you do well?
April Memory Verse John 11:25-26 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26
Rooted Reading Plan
19 Sunday 1 Corinthians 12: 4-27
20 Monday 2 Corinthians 11:1-33
21 Tuesday 2 Corinthians 12:1-21
22 Wednesday 2 Corinthians 13:1-14
23 Thursday Galatians 1:1-24
24 Friday Galatians 2:1-21
25 Saturday REST