Jesus Calms the Storm, Mark 4:35-41
Flannery O Conner- A Good Man is Hard to Find
Who is Jesus?
Just as he was/ Other Boats
Jesus sleeping on the cushion
Escalating- We are Dying- Do you not care?
Peace Be Still
Why are you afraid- Have you still no faith
Who is this?
Who do people say Jesus was?
- Read Mark 4:35-41. What did this night feel like for the disciples? Describe how you picture it using all 5 senses.
- When Jesus is awakened by panicked disciples what is the first thing he does? What comfort can we take from that?
- What would have contributed to the disciples’ great awe? What is behind their great question? How do you answer that question?
- Have you ever experienced a storm and felt like Jesus was asleep on the job? Where can you relate to the disciples’ panicked question?
- Jesus first calms the storm and then asks 2 questions. What is the substance of these questions? How do they connect to each other?
- What is the correlation between fear and faith? Where do you see this in your life? What is the invitation here?
February Memory Verse
Titus 3:4-5 4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to his mercy, through the water of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. Titus 3:4-5
Rooted Reading Plan
8 Sunday Mark 4:35-41
9 Monday 1 Peter 1:1-25
10 Tuesday 1 Peter 2:1-25
11 Wednesday 1 Peter 3:1-22
12 Thursday 1 Peter 4:1-19
13 Friday 1 Peter 5:1-14
14 Saturday REST