Sermon Notes Faithful people waiting on God
Advent means Waiting-
2 stories of waiting- Particle Fever
Faithful Prophet Simeon
Conspicuous Prophet Anna
These folks had been waiting for a long time
We wait for his return
I Can Only Imagine
little tastes-first deposits- Kingdom moments
Someday the wait will be over and the endless celebration will begin-
Passing the Peace
What can you remember waiting for? What was it like to wait?
- Read Luke 2:22-40. What does Luke tell us about Simeon? What would it be like to wait for something all your life?
- What does Simeon tell us about Jesus in his joy? What does he tell Mary about Jesus and about her? How would it be hearing that message?
- What does Luke tell us about Anna? What do you think the scene was like with her talking to everyone? How do you think Mary and Joseph reacted to that?
- What role does the Holy Spirit play in this drama? What role does He play in your life?
- Simeon calls Jesus a light for revelation to the Gentiles, how might that have been received at the time? How do we interpret it now?
- What role do Simeon and Anna play in the birth story? How can they help us as we wait for Jesus to return?
December Memory Verse Luke 2:10-12 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for see—I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people: 11 to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign for you: you will find a child wrapped in bands of cloth and lying in a manger.” Luke 2:10-12
Rooted Reading Plan
21 Sunday Luke 2:22-40
22 Monday Mark 14:1-31, Hebrews 10:1-18
23 Tuesday Mark 14: 32-70, Hebrews 10:19-37
24 Wednesday Christmas Eve Services
25 Thursday Mark 15:1-47, I Peter 1-2
26 Friday Mark 16: 1-20, Hebrews 11-13
27 Saturday REST